Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Twitter

So I am Twittering. As far as I can tell Twitter is just the next reincarnation of the away messages we used to leave on our PCs before going to class.
I really can't imagine the use of this to the library. Maybe to let patrons know of weather closures, or some other non-preplanned event. I really don't think our patrons need to know what we're all up to all the time. I suppose we could use it around the libraries to let each other know where we are instead of the constant email stream, but its not that different, a second page to log into. I'd probably be more likely to use this if I was still away at school, and I can definately see how it would make friends living far apart feel more connected. I guess personally I only need to be so connected, IM or Facebook, or Twitter, or text messages.

No comments: