Wednesday, January 16, 2008

facebook

I'm really not sure how I really feel about library's using facebook. The best arguement I've heard for it was in the discussion on the KRL Facebook page. On the other hand I was pretty skeptical of Facebook in the first place. The web is open to everyone. I appriciated how greatly Meredith Farka discussed this point in her articule. I got onto Facebook when I was a school. I didn't even hear about it online at first; I heard about it first from co-workers using it as a party connection. I ended up eventully getting an account to keep track of people I'd met an college. What scares me about it is how easily people forget that anyone can see facebook...
Although I use it I guess I just think it's a little silly, or that people often use it so much they forget it doesn't exist it solely to amuse or if it does that anyone can use it however they want.

No comments: