Friday, February 4, 2011

I can't say 'no' to books

weekend book binding

I can't not give book recommendations. If someone asks me I have to answer & sometimes I tell people about books when they don't really feel like listening.



I can't say no to greatly discounted dk yarn in blacks and or blues, espcially if machine washable or has any silk content.



...beach glass, sweet & sour "chicken," Heath or Skor bars, salads that include pear & walnuts...



....chai, earl grey, jasmine tea, anything in the antique shop with lace that fits me at all...



....my department manager, anyone crying on the phone, little kids reading books that remind me of anything I read as a kid (I just start jumping through hoops like its my job; it might be my job)...



...dogs-- they want petting & I'm their girl--



...boxes of book donations, even when everything on top looks trashy, & they smell a little heinous, there could be something really cool at the bottom, some Anne Sexton, or T.S. Eliot, or anything!



...wicked old dictionaries with beautiful curly typeface, even if the binding is dead the pages come home to become endpapers & other things...



...papercrafts, cut out constructables or origami, decoupage or bookmarks left by other people in library books...



...blank books of a roughly paperback size with sewn bindings & creamy paper...



...black pens with real ink (not Bics), hard tips, thin unbroken lines...



...very thin tipped paint brushes, neither weak nor too stiff, even though I already own more of these then I'll likely ever use up...



...double sided tape in handheld dispensers & glue in purse-sized quanities...



...shiny blue things...

Powered by Plinky

No comments: